Innovative methods have been adopted for the teaching-learning process and have been used by the faculty during the last few years.
Modern multimedia teaching aids like LCD projectors, internet enabled computer systems are available in most of the class rooms and other learning centres namely laboratory, library etc. Learning management System is in existence since a decade. Institute also has smart boards, e-books, e-journals which are accessible to the students. Institute supports teachers for membership of professional societies. Most of the teachers are members of societies like ISTE, IETE, CSI etc.,. The Institute has membership of DELNET and other consortiums where the faculty and students can access all scientific journals and Engineering journals. High speed Internet connectivity in the campus enables the students and faculty to access e- resources, video lectures, free journal, e-books, etc.,
Institute organizes expert lectures, seminars, by professionals in their respective domains. The faculty members are deputed to the FDPs organized by reputed universities, IITs and NITs through remote centers. Faculty and students are also encouraged to take part in National and International conferences. The Institute also supports students and teachers to organize seminars, workshops and conferences within the college to update and exchange their knowledge and skills. The Institute organizes events like paper presentation, project expo, expert tutorials and student conferences under the aegis of professional bodies in advanced technologies. The institution supports on-going research activity by providing seed money from its budget towards R&D. Faculty makes use of laptops, digital library etc, to download online lectures, study material from the internet thereby adding their valuable observations before passing them on to students. Teachers prepare question banks in each subject for the use of students. The faculty uses collaborative and active learning. The Institute deputes faculty for pedagogy training sessions organised by JNTUH. Arrangements are also made to telecast special webinars on advanced topics. Students are encouraged to think independently and design and fabricate modular experiments in the laboratory. Innovative learning methods like real time demonstrations, comparison of charts, picture quizzes, group discussions, crossword puzzles and circuit debugging are encouraged.
The other innovative and creative support in teaching-learning are:
- The College has spacious ICT enabled class rooms and seminar halls which are utilized for innovative teaching.
- Project based learning in courses is implemented for better understanding of the subject.
- Faculty are encouraged to use computers, Internet and library resources to enrich their teaching skills and content.
- The students are encouraged to use computer software packages for analysis and experimental work of their projects.
- Creative assignments are prepared by the faculty in all subjects and students are asked to prepare the solutions by referring to books and other learning materials.
- Guest lectures are arranged on the latest topics by eminent academicians/ industrialists.
- “English language communication skills lab” is established to improve the verbal skills of the students.
- Well-structured lesson plans are prepared for all theory and practical courses on a regular basis. The teachers circulate important problems, assignments, lecture notes and other relevant materials to the students.